Pool play has been completed… all set for bracket play tomorrow. Seeding are shown on the brackets below:6SS_8SS_10C_12C_Completed
One final note… every once in a while someone performs a selfless act that is especially noteworthy. Ms Carolyn Owen and Gulfport Youth Sports Association allowed us to move back the tournament schedule when the Tropical Storm canceled a weekend. They didn’t have to do that. Long Beach got a second chance to host the Gulf Coast Championships. The girls got a chance to get a softball weekend back. This is what we do for each other as a softball family to look out for each other and is especially commendable.
Good Luck to everyone. Most of all, we want the players to be safe and have a fun weekend.
Thanks for Playing USA Softball!
It’s Championship Play Time…. The South State Championships will be played this weekend on Friday, July 2nd and Saturday July 3rd, 2021. This event will be held at the Bayou View Sports Complex, 4300 Hewes Av, Gulfport, MS 39501. Proceeds from this weekend will benefit the girls playing softball in the Gulfport Youth Sports Association. The coaches meeting may be as early as noon on Friday. All players will be required to sign-in before competing. All pool play will be scheduled to completed on Friday night. Then we’ll come back from bracket play on Saturday. Sunday will be held in case of rain… but we’ll keep our fingers crossed that luck will be on side. All teams must participate in pool play. Pool games will determine seeding, so it’s not optional.
Please register as soon as possible so we can plan the event. Registering early always help draw out more teams. The purpose of this post/email is to outline the steps you have to go through to get registered. Don’t worry, we’ll help you get through it. Please let me know if you need anything.
ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE ABOUT WEDNESDAY, JUNE 30TH AT 8:00 PM SO THE PACKAGE CAN BE ASSEMBLED. REGISTER NOW WHILE YOU’RE THINKING ABOUT IT.
Here’s a link to registration page for Tee Ball, 10U C South, 12U C South, 10U Open South and 12U Open South:
USA Softball of Mississippi South State Championships
Here’s a link to see who’s registered to play:
USA Softball of Mississippi South State Championships Teams Registered
For teams wanting to compete in the 10U or 12U Class C South or North State, they must meet the following guidelines:
— All players must come from the same league.
— All players must have been on a league roster before the season was half over.
— A player on a C team roster cannot be on any other USA Softball roster.
REGISTRATION IS COMPLETED ONLINE FOR ALL CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY EVENTS. PAYMENT CAN BE DONE ONLINE ALSO. BUT PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU NEED TO PAY BY CHECK OR CASH.
Below is a checklist of items necessary for Championship Play:
- Online Tournament Registration. Registering for a Tournament is very easy. Just click the list of Championship Play events. Then find the tournament your team wants to play in. Click the link out beside it. Provide the information, select the payment method, then hit submit.
- Tournament Entry Fee. The tournament entry fee must be submitted with the Tournament Entry Form. Online payment is available. But a check can also be mailed to cover the entry fee. Fast Pitch is $350.00. The State Tournament will either be two pool to double elimination or a three game guarantee. Coach Pitch South State has a Tournament Entry Fee is $250.00. Tee Ball will be straight double elimination with an Entry Fee of $185. There is also a $10 convenience fee for paying online to cover the credit card transaction fees.
- Championship Roster. You will need to complete a Championship Roster will all your players listed and parent’s signatures. The completed roster including parent signatures will be submitted at the tournament check-in. Here’s a link to the Official USA Softball Roster & Waiver Form:
Official Roster and Waiver Form
- USA Softball Sanctioning. All teams must be USA Softball Sanctioned. For this year, we only requires teams be Team Sanctioned that can provide a Certificate of Insurance. Individual Registration is available for any teams needing to register with all the benefits of registering individually. The cost is $15 per player. The preferred method of submitting the Individual Registration including payment is online at this URL:
- ACE Certification. At least one Coach must be ACE Certified. I highly recommend the ACE training. You get the training, background check, liability insurance and identification card with proof of the background check. The certification can be completed online at http://www.registerusasoftball.com/. It’s $25 for all levels. You only need one level per year. You also have to renew it every year. As the National Governing Body of Softball and member of the United States Olympic Committee, we are now required to comply with SafeSport training. SafeSport’s mission to enable all athletes to participate in sports free from sexual harassment and bullying in sports free from bullying, hazing, sexual misconduct or any form of emotional or physical abuse. The ACE Certification process will require going through the SafeSport Online Training Program.
- Background Checks: Every person in the dugout must have a background check. You can do just the background check at http://registerusasoftball.com/. It’s included with the ACE Training above which I firmly believe is a better deal.
- Birth Certificates. You must present a birth certificate for each player at the tournament. Copies are fine. If you don’t have a birth certificate, one of the following forms of birth verification or proof of age must be available to the Tournament Director: Birth Certificate, hospital certificate, baptismal certificate, driver’s license, or a valid passport. Photocopies of any of the above are acceptable for J.O. identification.
- Recent Photo. You must have a recent photo for each player with the birth certificate.
- Notebook. It’s best to keep a notebook with all your players birth certificates, photos and Individual Registration Cards and/or Certificate of Insurance. I keep a binder with everything for a player in a single sheet protector. It also helps if your Tournament Director if they are in the same order as on the roster.
Thank you for Playing USA Softball!
Below are brackets for this weekend’s 2021 Gulf Coast Championships. It will be held at the Long Beach Softball Complex at 780 Klondyke Rd, Long Beach MS 39560.
We have a total of 26 teams in this year’s event with teams from all over South Mississippi competing. The forecast calls for a hot weekend with some chance of precipitation. So have the players start hydrating as soon as possible and come prepared for anything. Also, please watch out for parents and grandparents. Some of us stay in the air conditioned space all day and aren’t able to handle the heat.
Unfortunately, it does mean we will have games Friday night. The option would be to play on Sunday and we really don’t want to do that. It’s a full schedule. It’s everything we can do to finish late Saturday night. Sunday will be held in case games get were to get interrupted. For Coach Pitch, 10U, 12U, we will play all the pool games on Friday night. Then we’ll come back Saturday for bracket play. Tee Ball will just be Saturday.
For this weekend, you’ll need to prepare a roster. You don’t need all the parent signatures this weekend. But we do need all the players listed on the roster. This helps ensure teams compete with who they brought the tournament. We could tell you stories…
Everyone must be USA Softball sanctioned to participate in this event. I believe most have already taken care of this. Team sanction is only $25 and good for the 2021 Playing Season. But if you need to do a Team Sanction, you can do that online at this website:
Look for the black covered trailer to check-in at the tournament. I’ll be setup there to check teams in before they play. I’ll check your roster forms at check-in.
Please remember it’s all getting to watch the kids play ball, umpires are human, and no scholarships will be given out this weekend… Let’s all just have fun.
Thank you for Playing USA Softball!